2020 Steiner Cup
Congratulations to our 2020 Quarry Oaks team who defeated the Steinbach Fly-In with a final point total of 19.0 to 13.0!!! Our 4th year winning in a row:)
The Steiner Cup is a competitive “Ryder Cup” style golf event between Quarry Oaks Golf Course and The Steinbach Fly-In Golf Club conducted over 2 days of competition near the end of the golf season each year. This event is open to all course members and staff to attempt to qualify for the finalized 16 person team. This team even has been competing for the Steiner Cup since the year 2000. The Steiner Cup is a great way to build relationships, meet new fellow golfers from both courses and enjoy a competitive team environment, creating memories that last a life time.
- Dates: Saturday, September 19th & Sunday September 20th
- Each Team is comprised of 16 Players, including:
- The Low Gross Club Champion from that year*
- The Low Net Club Champion from that year*
- Top 5 Low Gross Qualifiers
- Top 5 Low Net Qualifiers
- 3 Captains Picks
- Team Captain – Head Golf Professional
- *Eligible only if they have been attempting to qualify prior to Club Championship.
- Each qualifier must pay a $100.00 event fee prior to the September 1st deadline or they will be removed from the team and the 1st alternate will replace them.
- Qualifiers will receive a matching team apparel item to be worn during the event rounds and includes banquet dinner upon conclusion of the event at the host course.
- Any qualifying round must be declared with the Proshop or the Head Professional prior to tee off with your intention to use that game as your qualifying score for that qualifying week window. All qualifying round scorecards must have “Steiner Cup Qualifier” written on it and include HDCP Indexes listed on the card prior to tee off. The attested confirmed score must be signed by a fellow golfer who played with the potential qualifier with the date played and submit the card to the Head Golf Professional upon completion on the same day.
- A maximum of 1 qualifying score may be submitted for each qualifying week window. Once a qualifying score is submitted, there is no opportunity to replace it with a better score for that qualifying week window.
- Qualifying rounds are schedule to be played on any given day during the following 6 qualifying week windows:
- June 1st – 7th
- June 15th – June 21st
- June 29th – July 5th
- July 13th – July 19th
- July 25th & 26th Club Championship **
- August 3rd – 9th
- August 17th – 23rd
- 6 rounds will count towards your total Gross & Net qualifying scores.
- Net scores for qualifying and club championship will be based on Golf Canada Handicap network software system HDCP at the time of your qualifying round. To be considered for qualifying golfers MUST maintain their handicap with this software system.
- **Club Championship rounds are mandatory to count toward your totals, leaving your best 4 qualifying scores to count toward your qualifying total score. If you cannot play in the Club Championship, an alternate weekend (August 15th & 16th) of back to back rounds will be used under the same rules of play.
- Teams will be finalized by August 25th and all players including captain’s picks notified and confirmed.
Sat, Sept 19th 7:15am (approx) Tee Times @ Quarry Oaks: Foursomes (Alternate Shot)
“Foursome” play is a match where two golfers compete on a team against two other golfers and each side plays one ball. The golfers play alternate shots (player A hits tee shot, player B hits second shot, etc.) until the hole is played out. Team members alternate playing the tee shots, with one golfer hitting the tee shot on odd-numbered holes, and the other hitting the tee shot from the even-numbered holes. The team with the better score wins the hole. Should the two teams tie for best score, the hole is halved.
Sat, Sept 19th 1:00pm (approx) Tee Times @ Steinbach Fly-In: Better Ball ( Four Ball)
“Better ball” is a name for a golf competition format in which two golfers play as a team, but each playing his or her own ball throughout. On each hole, the two golfers on a team compare scores. The lower of the two scores – the better ball – counts as the team’s score. The team with the better score wins the hole. Should the two teams tie for best score, the hole is halved.
Sunday, Sept 20th 11:00am (approx) Tee Times @ Steinbach Fly-In: Singles Match play
Players compete to win individual holes, with the side winning the most holes claiming victory in the match. The player with the better score wins the hole. Should the two players tie for best score, the hole is halved.
- Ties are called “halves” and are not played off (each side scores a half-point for their team)
- Dinner will follow the completion of play at Steinbach Fly-In this year and Winning Team presented the Steiner Cup.