Quarry Oaks will be implementing several provincial health guidelines for our facility during the restoring services phases set forth by the government. Below is information designed to give our customers an understanding and expectation when you play a round of golf at Quarry Oaks during these phases. These steps are to ensure the health and well-being of everyone as we all do our part to stop the spread of the virus. The protocols include what we as a business are doing and what we expect you as a customer to do in order to aid in the health and safety of our community. These guidelines may change and be updated as further phases from the provincial government are implemented.
The Golfers Responsibilities*:
- You must not be experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. If you are experiencing any symptoms prior to your tee time, you must stay home and inform us to remove you from our tee sheet. COVID-19 symptoms include dry cough, fever & tiredness. Other symptoms may include runny nose, nasal congestion, sore throat, aches or pains & diarrhea.
- Online tee time booking customers will be required to complete the self-screening tool before making reservation at the following link: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/
- Social distancing of 2m/6.5 ft is required AT ALL TIMES while at our facility. This includes all areas of the golf course, parking lot, beverage cart, concession, proshop and practice areas. Only touch your own personal golf equipment. Any touching gesture (Handshakes, high fives, fist bumps, etc.) are not permitted before, during or after your round.
- Golfers are asked to arrive at the golf course no more than 20 minutes prior to their tee time, unless they are using the practice areas or having a meal.
- Golf Carts may not be issued until 20 minutes prior to your tee time if available.
- Flag sticks are to remain in the hole AT ALL TIMES during play. Cup depth blockers have been added to the holes so that you can easily remove your ball without touching anything else.
- Smooth your bunker prints with foot to acceptable standard after use (rakes will be removed).
- Facial masks are mandatory for inside the clubhouse facility.
*Any person failing to comply with any of the policies listed above, will be subject to being removed from the facility and further banned until all such a time as the policies have been lifted. This is a very serious matter and we expect all visitors to our facility to treat it this way. Our health and safety are at stake!
Golf Operations Safety Measures:
- Staff must use the self-screening tool before coming into work.
- Staff will be screening customers by telephone before a tee-time is booked, including prevention of booking if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Frequent sanitizing, cleaning and disinfecting of common/high-touch areas and surfaces of facility including power carts, push carts, range balls & range ball bags between use.
- Increased tee-time intervals to further promote safe distancing between groups.
- Social distancing signage to remind customers to keep safe distances apart.
- Proshop floor markings to maintain safe social distancing when lines form.
- Contact-less payment (tap) encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer available at entrance/exit for public and staff use.
- Masks will be worn by all indoor service staff.
- Capacities in each area of the clubhouse have been reduced based on current heath protocol.
- Clubhouse and on course washrooms will have frequent sanitization.
Golf Course Preparation:
- Removing bunker rakes. Bunkers can be played as either a waste area or preferred lies can be used. Please smooth your bunker prints with foot to acceptable standard after use.
- Removal of public use items: ball washers & water stations
- Cup depth blockers have been added to the holes so that you can easily remove your ball without touching anything else, ball rests half the depth of normal below putting surface to reduce contamination.
Additional Information & FAQ:
- Local rule of “gimmies” once 2 feet from hole.
- Dining room is open daily with social distancing measures and current seating protocols.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above protocols, please feel free to contact our management team. We reserve the right to modify the above protocols at anytime.