2019 Quarry Oaks Steiner Cup
The Steiner Cup is a competitive “Ryder Cup” style golf event between Quarry Oaks Golf Course and The Steinbach Fly-In Golf Club conducted over 2 days of competition near the end of the golf season each year. This event is open to all course members and staff to attempt to qualify for the finalized 16 person team. This team even has been competing for the Steiner Cup since the year 2000. The Steiner Cup is a great way to build relationships, meet new fellow golfers from both courses and enjoy a competitive team environment, creating memories that last a life time.
* Dates: TBD
* Each Team is comprised of 16 Players, including:
* The Low Gross Club Champion from that year
* The Low Net Club Champion from that year
* Top 5 Low Gross Qualifiers
* Top 5 Low Net Qualifiers
* 3 Captains Picks
* Team Captain – Head Golf Professional
* Each qualifier must pay a $100.00 event fee prior to the deadline or they will be removed from the team and the 1st alternate will replace them.
* Qualifiers will receive a matching team apparel item to be worn during the event rounds.
*Any qualifying round must be declared with the Proshop or the Head Professional prior to tee off with your intention to use that game as your qualifying score for that qualifying week window. All qualifying round scorecards must have “Steiner Cup Qualifier” written on it and include HDCP Indexes listed on the card prior to tee off. The attested confirmed score must be signed by a fellow golfer who played with the potential qualifier with the date played and submit the card to the Head Golf Professional upon completion on the same day.
* A maximum of 1 qualifying score may be submitted for each qualifying week window. Prior to teeing off you must declare with the Proshop staff your intention to use that game as your qualifying score for that qualifying week.
* Qualifying rounds are schedule to be played on any given day during the following qualifying week windows:
* 6 rounds will count towards your total Gross & Net qualifying scores.
Net scores for qualifying and club championship will be based on Golf Canada Handicap network software system HDCP at the time of your qualifying round. To be considered for qualifying golfers MUST maintain their handicap with this software system.
* **Club Championship rounds are mandatory to count toward your totals, leaving your best 4 qualifying scores to count toward your qualifying total score. If you cannot play in the Club Championship, an alternate weekend (TBD) of back to back rounds will be used under the same rules of play.
* Teams will be finalized in September and all players including captain’s picks notified and confirmed.
Sat, Sept 7:30am (approx) Tee Times @ Steinbach Fly-In: Foursomes (Alternate Shot)
“Foursome” play is a match where two golfers compete on a team against two other golfers and each side plays one ball. The golfers play alternate shots (player A hits tee shot, player B hits second shot, etc.) until the hole is played out. Team members alternate playing the tee shots, with one golfer hitting the tee shot on odd-numbered holes, and the other hitting the tee shot from the even-numbered holes. The team with the better score wins the hole. Should the two teams tie for best score, the hole is halved.
Sat, Sept 1:00pm (approx) Tee Times @ Quarry Oaks: Better Ball ( Four Ball)
“Better ball” is a name for a golf competition format in which two golfers play as a team, but each playing his or her own ball throughout. On each hole, the two golfers on a team compare scores. The lower of the two scores – the better ball – counts as the team’s score. The team with the better score wins the hole. Should the two teams tie for best score, the hole is halved.
Sunday, Sept 11:00am (approx) Tee Times @ Quarry Oaks: Singles Match play
Players compete to win individual holes, with the side winning the most holes claiming victory in the match. The player with the better score wins the hole. Should the two players tie for best score, the hole is halved.
* Ties are called “halves” and are not played off (each side scores a half-point for their team)
* Dinner will follow the completion of play at Quarry Oaks this year and Winning Team presented the Steiner Cup.